Thursday, February 28, 2008

Humble Beginnings

I learned alot just reading this opening blog. I didn't know we had so many lakes around us, and I didn't know what our home was previously used for. I didn't know a lot of things! I'm not sure if it's because I didn't care to know, or if I just grew up in a different time period than the older siblings, and we younger ones just 'lived' and took things for granted. It was a beautiful place to grow up, and I loved so much room to explore. That is my best memories- being free to explore and feel so free and so close to nature, which in turn made me feel closer to God. I have many happy memories on our land.

2 comments:

paintball guy said...

It was nice to read your comments Kerry. I remember the ending of that slingshot story as the rowboat sinking from a big rock that you guys put thru it with that sling shot. Here is another story I remember well. When I was around 5 or so Kevin and Kory dug tunnels out in the field beyond the family garden and we used to use them all the time playing army.

Amber in Alaska said...

Hey, I figured it out!!! I don't remember anything about the slingshots. I wasn't born yet. I do remember an old slingshot, arm band one, that was taped up with duct tape, that I used to love to shoot acorns with. I don't know if I am allowed to add anything new or not. I remember having rock fights and acorn fights with shields of galvanized garbage can lids. Anywho, Mom was 5'5" and weighed about 115 or so. I am the second tallest of the girls. Ang'e is about an inch taller than me. Apryll is the shortest and Aurora the 3rd tallest. I think that this is a great idea Kerry. Please let me know if you just want us to add remembrances of what you wrote or some of our own. I would love to hear about the original house, since it was remodeled when I was so young. I do remember the play room, fishing over the old bannister and sharing a room with Apryll and Aurora across the hall from Kurt, Kiby and Karson. I remember the dressers sitting in the hallway and the little bathroom at the top of the stairs. I remember mom and dads bedroom at the end of the hall with a small closet. I used to hide in it. Anyway, thank you for creating this!